Pilgrim Corn Bread
- 2 links (6 oz ) Old Neighborhood Sweet Italian sausage
- 1 package (8 oz ) Cornbread mixture
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 tablespoons whole corn kernels ( fresh or frozen)
- Prepare corn bread mixture as directed on package. Mix in whole corn kernels and set aside.
- Grease a 4 x 8 inch loaf pan. Pour half of corn bread batter into pan.
- Place sausages onto middle of mixture, spaced evenly in loaf pan.
- Pour remaining batter over sausage.
- Top with butter and bake as directed on package (roughly at 350°F for about 12-15 minutes).
- Slice thick and serve warm with butter or maple syrup.