Orsi’s Cheesy Chicken & Rice Gumbo Rumbo
A great 2-for-1 recipe on a chilly eve or afternoon. Sit back and enjoy with your favorite wine and a nice Italian Salad. Leftovers will make excellent Creamy Chicken Cheesy Potato Soup for the next chilly afternoon.Ingredients:
- 1 pkg. Old Neighborhood Shaved Chicken Breast
- olive oil
- 2 pkgs. Italian Salad Seasoning
- 2 Family Size - Cream of Celery Soup
- 1 8 oz. pkg. of Philadelphia Cream Cheese
- 6 cups of rice, cooked
- Drizzle olive oil and sauté shaved chicken in skillet. Add 2 pkgs. of Italian Salad Seasoning. Mix well, simmering until chicken is cooked.
- Take the Cream of Celery Soup cans and place in crock pot. Add softened pkg. of cream cheese. Stir on low heat until cream cheese is melted. Add 1 3/4 of water to mixture.
- In the meantime make 6 cups of rice and set aside.
- Add chicken mixture to crock pot and heat until bubbly hot.
- Place 1 to 1-1/2 cups of rice on center of plate. Ladle soup mixture over rice and serve while piping hot.
- Should you have leftovers no problem. Refrigerate the extra rice or freeze in lock tight container. Can be used for soup later or sides.
- The remaining chicken mixture will make excellent Creamy Chicken Cheesy Potato Soup for the next chilly afternoon.
- Add water to thickened chicken mixture until creamy soupy texture is achieved. Next add finely chopped green onions for flavor and nice color. Then add small precooked chopped potatoes. Keep in mind the potatoes will also thicken the soup as it cooks.
- Sit back and enjoy with your favorite wine and a nice Italian Salad. You might want a nice slice of Italian Bread or Focaccia to serve with these leftovers.