New England Kale Soup
- 2 ( 6 or 8 oz) cans of navy or white beans
- 5 ounces Old Neighborhood Kielbasa sausage, thinly sliced (two or three links)
- 1 cup beef broth( low sodium)
- 4 cups chicken stock ( low Sodium )
- 2 cups cabbage, chopped
- 1 tablespoon Olive Oil
- 1-1/2 to 2 bunches kale - rinsed, dried and chopped
- 3 potatoes, peeled and cubed
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a skillet, over medium heat, lightly brown Kielbasa slices. Remove and set aside.
- Return skillet to heat and add olive oil.
- Toss in cabbage, cook for 3-4 minute
- Deglaze pan with beef broth, reduce liquid to half and remove from heat.
- Pour beef broth and cabbage into a large stock pot
- Add drained beans, Kielbasa, chicken stock, kale, and potatoes.
- Cook over medium heat for 25-35 minutes until potatoes are fork tender.
- Season with salt and pepper.