Grilled Drunken Sausage
What better way to celebrate spring than to break out the sausage and beer? This recipe is a tasty way to combine these two fan favorites. Serve at your next cookout, when you’re watching the Red Sox, or for a Saturday afternoon treat!Ingredients:
- 1 package (12 oz) Old Neighborhood Hot Italian sausage
- 4 cups of your favorite beer or stout
- 1 cup of sliced yellow peppers
- 1/4 cup sliced onions
- 4 crusty rolls
- In a sauce pan, bring sausage and beer to a boil.
- Remove from heat and slice the sausage in half.
- Place sausage, onions and peppers on grill and cook for 5-7 minutes, until peppers and onions soften.
- Split rolls in half. Evenly fill with onions and peppers.
- Add one sausage to each roll and serve along with spicy mustard!