French Dip Sandwich
Use Old Neighborhood Foods Roast Beef from the deli section to make tasty French Dip sandwiches, served with a side of au jus dipping sauce.Ingredients:
- Old Neighborhood Foods Roast Beef
- baguettes or sub rolls
- 2 tbsp. butter
- 1 tbsp. all purpose flour
- 2 cans beef consumme
- 1 shallot, chopped
Prepare Au Jus*:
- Melt butter in a large skillet over moderate heat.
- Add chopped shallots and saute for 2 minutes.
- Add flour to skillet and cook for 1 minute.
- Whisk in consumme in a slow stream.
- Bring sauce to boil. Lower the heat and all to simmer until ready to serve.
- Dip the roast beef into the au jus sauce and pile into the sub rolls.
- Serve with a ramekin or small bowl of extra au jus for dipping.
*You are welcome to use your own au jus recipe!Tags