- 1 package of Old Neighborhood Linguica (slice into 3 pieces length wise)
- 4 cups sliced Potatoes (sliced 1/8 inch thick slices)
- 4 cups slices Sweet Potatoes (sliced 1/8 inch thick slices)
- 2 cups heavy Cream
- 2 cups Shredded Parmesan Cheese
- In a greased casserole dish, build layers one type at a time, beginning with potatoes.
- Top the potato later with a layer of cheese.
- Next, add a layer of sliced Linguica.
- Follow up with another layer of cheese.
- Next, add a layer of sweet potato.
- Finish up with a cheese (save enough cheese to sprinkle on top of final layer).
- Once all vegetables and Linguica are layered, pour cream over them.
- Cover and bake at 350ºF for 45 minutes, until vegetables are fork tender.
- Uncover and bake an additional 15 minutes until top is golden brown.
- Remove from heat and enjoy.
You can expand this recipe to include your other favorite root vegetables like celery root and turnip.Tags